Web Counter

Saturday, September 16, 2006

 

First Run With (cross your fingers) Fixed Legs


Well the first very short (15min) run is out of the way with no pain in the previous injuries.

I ran on a mostly flat trail at a 5:37/km pace about where I was during my base last year.

I felt pretty breathless though and it will take a little bit to get my fitness back, but I shall persevere. My stride was all over as I was trying to correct biomechanic flaws in my gait as I ran.

All in all successful. I am now going to run at about the same pace and for the same 15 min over the next 7 days as 3 run - 1 off - 3 run. I will do this and increase by 2-3 minutes each set until I feel my base is back, early next year should be it.

On top of this I will begin adaptation strength training 3 times a week and of course throw in 2 swims/wk and 3 bikes/wk. Length/duration will be dependet on feel.

Til next time.

And no those are not the electrolytes I take, they're for horses....hmmm...maybe.

B

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?