Web Counter

Sunday, June 04, 2006

 

Better A Clydesdale Than a Prostidude


Well the weekend race has come and gone and once again I showed huge improvements over last year's event.

This time at the Panorama Classic Triathlon. The event was held on the same course but this time an added element was....the elements. It was raining and cool the entire time. On the first leg of the bike it was hitting like little spears into the face. I was lucky to have amber lenses in my Rudy's so at least no 'spears' hit the balls. Eyeballs that is.

There were several wipeouts on the bike mostly roadrash albeit some of it quite deep.

I once again entered as a clydesdale (an over 200 lb triathlete - me being 204 or so at the moment). It's a lot more fair for a guy my size going against these guys that are 5'7" and 140 lbs.

Well once again for the second race in a row I posted dramatic improvements.

2005 - 8:09 / 1:16:15/ 46:35 / 2:10:59
2006 - 8:23 / 1:07:35/ 37:48/ 1:53:46

Thats a big bump of 17'13"

I am ok with the swim going down since I have been concentrating on the other 2 disciplines.

Anyhow in short I'm happy. My bike is happy. My feet aren't pissed but they're not talking to me either.

Until next time......1/2 Ironman 2 weeks(I may post between)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?